Sunday, December 11, 2011

Peanut Butter Caramel Poppers

Remember that time I waxed poetic about the beauty of Peanut Butter and Chocolate?
 Yeah, well I've got some sad news for you. 
I had no clue what I was talking about. 
Peanut butter chocolate chip muffins are nice. In a boring, snuggle up with a book on a rainy day kind of way. 
But these.Are.Not.Normal. Like fireworks in the middle of a rainbow while peacocks fly across the sky awesomely not normal. Seriously. I don't exaggerate about food.
 Its too serious of a subject matter. So let me paint a pretty picture for you:
Chewy brownie bite. 
In miniature: because I have scientifically proven that everything tastes better in miniature. (In scientific terms, its because the flavor to texture ratio is in perfect balance. Scientifically speaking of course.)
Right, so chewy brownie bite on the bottom.
Filled with my all-time favorite Peanut Butter Caramel.
Now we can stop right here, and you would be in absolute peanut butter chocolate bliss.
But if it is Peanut Butter Chocolate World Domination that you are aiming for, keep on going:
A swirl of light peanut butter cream.
Dipped in Chocolate.
And here we are. 
Absolute perfection. 
No wait, you need a glass of milk.
Ok. Now, we have absolute perfection.
Amen to that.


Peanut Butter Caramel Poppers                                                      makes 45 bite size poppers


Brownie Bite:
  • 1 cup butter or margarine
  • 2 cups white sugar
  • 4 eggs
  • 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
  • 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 1 cup  flour
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking powder

Preheat oven to 350. Line 5 mini muffin tins with mini cupcake liners. Melt margarine in a small pot. Remove from heat; add sugar. Mix until combined. Add eggs and vanilla and stir. Add in cocoa, flour, salt and baking powder. Mix just until combined. Fill cupcake liners about 4/5 full. Bake for about 20 minutes, until set. Remove from oven, and cool slightly. If you have burn proof hands like me  (I know, its a gift. And it's genetic.) then quickly poke your thumb into each brownie bite to create a small well. IF you are a normal human being, you can use the back of a knife or the back of a children's medicine dropper. Set aside.

Peanut Butter Caramel
1 cup dark karo syrup (I have replaced this with light karo syrup, or pancake syrup in a pinch)
1 cup creamy peanut butter
2 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoons vanilla sugar

Combine all ingredients in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil over a medium flame, and stir until smooth.  Remove from flame. The caramel thickens as it cools, so if you plan on using this for ice cream or something else, refrigerate until cool. In this case, its easier to pour when its thin, so drop by spoonful into the little wells that you created on the brownie bites. Place in the freezer to cool completely. The caramel must be completely cool to touch before you pipe on the peanut butter cream, otherwise it will melt.

Peanut Butter Cream
6 cups powder sugar
2/3 cup creamy peanut butter
2 teaspoons vanilla
1/2 cup milk or soy milk

Combine all ingredients together in a large bowl. Using an electric mixer, beat until smooth and creamy. If it is too thick, add additional milk; 1 tablespoon at a time. Transfer to a large resealable bag and snip off the corner to pipe. Pipe a large swirl on top of each brownie, and return the brownie bites to the freezer to set. 

Chocolate Dip 
2 cups chocolate chips
2-3 tablespoons shortening

Combine chocolate chips and shortening in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave on high for 2 minutes, stirring half way through. Transfer to a tall glass. Dip the cold brownie bites and return to the tray to set.  If you want to be super cool and ultra fancy, you can use any extra caramel to drizzle over the tops. You can also melt some peanut butter in the microwave for 30 seconds, and drizzle that on top. Since I am one hair short of ultra fancy, I skipped this step.



Here- you want a closer look?
Mmmmmmmm....absolute peanut butter and chocolate heaven.

Now go have yourself a nice day! 

Whoops, I almost forgot! To make my life a little more interesting, I'm in the running for "Best Kosher Food Blog" over at JoyofKosher.com. I've been hovering at seventh place for a while, so please be a dear, and boost my ego and go vote for me...pretty please?
Did I mention you guys are awesome?

Now go vote HERE.

I have alot of catching up to do so be sure to rally up your friends and vote!!

22 comments:

  1. That was just about the funniest blog post I ever read. As a matter of fact, it was SO funny, that I read it to both my mom and my sister over the phone. Of course, now I'm gonna have to make them....
    Thanks for the laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Flying P.- I like to crack myself up all the time. Its pathetic, but it makes for a good blog post : ) Glad you enjoyed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Voted because I love me some chocolate covered flying peacocks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. That's all I have to say. Pinned this immediately and will be making for our holiday get together!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so much fun finding all these kindred peanut butter souls :) Glad you guys like!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You know how good these look?

    They taste even better.

    Yes, it's possible.

    Thanks CantStopBaking for giving me a taste.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't think I will make these. Not because I am not drooling at the thought of it, but because I don't know that I can make these without eating half of them! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. you are too funny -- couldn't stop laughing (in my sleepy state). Do you have leftovers????

    ReplyDelete
  9. Saw your photo on FPD... beautiful! And then ready your post and I agree. Nicely done!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks sooo yummiiii!!!! Visit my blog for some more...try it all out! Share!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oy - I came back to this post again! I even decided that I should finally post something on here... Only to discover that I already posted. You completely make me smile. Every. Single. Time.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just made these and they came out sooo good! thanks so much for this recipe! I actually didn't dip them in chocolate, instead I made pretty flowers with the peanut butter cream...thanks again for all your wonderful and entertaining posts!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my! These are simply genius.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just made these again.probably about my 10th time I have started to double the cream and caramel and storing them in the freezer. So when I want to quickly whip up a knockout dessert I just have to make some cupcakes. So easy! BTW to easily fill all those mini cupcake holders and cupcakes I put the batter in ziplock and just squeeze into the holders.this make it MUCH easier. ditto with the caramel.

    ReplyDelete
  15. can this be frozen, so it can be made in advance?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure, they freeze great. Just make sure to uncover them when defrosting because they will have some condensation.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...