Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Bean and Corn Quesadillas


I thought I liked Mexican food. Until I tasted these Quesadillas. Now I love Mexican food. These are some serious Quesadillas. Plus they're fun to say:  Kay-sah-DEE-ya. They are surprisingly easy to make, and you can freeze the filling in individual ziploc bags, and defrost for an easy supper.                                                                         


Bean and Corn Quesadillas
2 teaspoons olive oil
1 red pepper, diced
1 cup canned black or kidney beans, drained and rinsed
1 cup canned corn, drained
1 onion, diced
1/2 cup medium salsa
1 tablespoon diced chili peppers (optional:for serious spicy food addicts)
8 wraps, or 4 pitas, or 8 tortillas
6 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese


Heat oil in a large sauce pan. Add onions and red peppers, saute until soft. Stir in the corn, beans and salsa. Cook until heated through. Spray a large skillet with pam. Place tortilla,1/2 pita or wrap in the skillet. Spoon a large amount of filling,and 2 ounces of cheese on top. Cover with other tortilla/wrap/pita. Cook until golden, and carefully flip. (I found it easier to slide it onto a plate, then place the pan upside down on top, and flip really fast) Cook until the other side is golden, and the cheese is melted. Using a pizza cutter, cut into 4 quartes. Makes 3 large quesadillas. 



1 comment:

  1. I have never made quesadillas, but I love both beans and corn so I'm sure I would love these. Thanks for sharing!
    -- Rivki @ Healthy Eating for Ordinary People

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...