Monday, October 24, 2011

It's that time of year...

Yep, it's birthday time! Little D. is five!
Sometimes I feel like these birthday posts are a sort of time capsule for that very distant future, which is quite hard to picture.  When everything is not so rosey all the time, and the kids don't merrily skip out the door cheerfully in the morning, singing "You are the best mommy in the whole wide world." (What, you don't believe this is how my kids are every day? Ha! We each have our own dream world, ok? Don't ruin it for me!) 
Anyways, just in case that is not exactly the cheerful picture of the future, I like to think that  this blog will come in handy. I'll whip out one of these birthday posts, and say "See! Look! I really do love you! Even if you go to sleep the earliest in your class, and everyone else is doing X,Y and Z and you can't, and we won't buy you ____ and everyone else has it, I really really love you! You just can't argue with your birthday cakes!"
All kidding aside, I really do love my kids. (Otherwise I just look like a crazy lady making cakes that take 7+ hours for no reason!) And every time I sit down to write a birthday post, I always feel like I have to share with you how much I love that birthday boy, who today is Little D. And really, its not such a difficult thing to do! He is the most delicious five year old you have will ever meet, and we are just so proud of him! There are some magical ages, when you can't imagine them being any cuter, and Little D. is smack in the middle of one of them. He is just transitioning into being a "big boy" and he is taking his role as such, very seriously.
Little D.: We love you, and we are so proud of you!

P.S. In case anyone is deluded into thinking we have these crazy fancy birthday parties, with themed napkins, cake and drinks, think again:
Dollar Tree special, courtesy of Savta G.!

10 comments:

  1. Oh how sweet. I'm teary eyed.

    Big D.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute cake! Little D will not soon forget his birthday cakes. My kids are 8 and 10 and they can tell you what their cake looked like for each birthday. Where did the little farmer man come from in the bottom photo?

    Frostine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Frostine- leave it to a fellow caker to catch that :)I didn't think anyone would! He insisted on sticking that little guy on top, so I just added it before we served it. Its a Fisher Price type of farmer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look amazing!! look really beauty is a nice work! Happy birtheday to little D! gloria

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know why he insist with the boy in the top, he,he is HIM, he is with the lyons, he is adorable,my boy (has 17 now) adored these little figures and always played with them (an still have) I think little D is so cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you are right! He's been talking about these lions for literally the past year :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE IT!!! Your theory of not talking about cakes before totally proven.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So adorable! What you did with the wafer cookies is particularly clever (I've used them on the side of cakes before, but never thought to stack them). Love the little watering hole (is that Wilton blue piping gel?)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This cake is very cute! I love how you finished the sides of the cake with those wafer cookies. Great idea!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...