Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Hearty Beef Stew


So, last night was the big snow storm. I've said this many times before, and I'll say it again. We moved here about three years ago. That would be three long, snowy winters. Three long winters that bring mountains of snow that block all the good parking spaces.Three long winters of shoveling out your car, only to have someone steal your spot while you are at work. Three long winters that burst in and cancel school without even apologizing. Three long winters of snow falling inside your boots. Three long winters of salt and snow tracked all over the house. ( Need I continue?) And yet, every year, The  People Who Have Lived Here Forever, shake their heads and say "Wow, what a terrible winter. We never have such bad winters. Such an unusual year! We never get any snow!" Helllooooo are you people dreaming? Call me crazy, but when you have three crazy winters in a row- I hate to be the one to tell you this, but you guys have bad winters. No two ways about it.  Anyways, enough of my ranting and raving. Make this stew today- it will make you feel better and your house smell yummy. I promise.


Hearty Beef Stew                                                                                Makes 6-8 servings
2 pounds stew meat (short ribs, or flanken are great for this)
6 carrots, diced
4 potatoes ,cubed
1 sweet potato, cubed
1 large onion, diced
2 stalks celery, diced
1 cup tomato sauce
1 tablespoon salt
dash pepper
onion powder- to taste
garlic powder- to taste
dash paprika
8 ounces egg noodles


Combine all ingredients, except noodles, in a 6 quart crockpot. Fill with water, just above the vegetables. Set on high, and cook for 6-8 hours. Add egg noodles 30 minutes before serving.  Enjoy!




Now start choppin'

9 comments:

  1. This looks amazing! Perfect for the snowy , wintry weather!

    -Chani

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks and sounds amazing. I keep going back to see what the unhealthy ingredient is, but I can't find it!

    Think this would work in a crock-pot?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know its hard to believe...but I've been on a diet for the past year. I don't really eat what I bake! That makes for some lucky neighbors....anyways, this works perfect in a crockpot on high. If you make it in a regular pot, the cook time would be only 3-4 hours. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I though I was the only one in the world who does the "bake it but don't eat it" thing!

    I feel like I've met my long lost twin or something. Lol. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL "something diff"...make that triplet:)....I do the "bake it but don't eat it" thing too... & "CantStopBaking" I, got lotsa lucky co-workers who get to be my taste testers when I create something new :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks SweetSugarBelle! I love your blog too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mmmmm...I love a good beef stew and this one looks amazing! I have never added a sweet potato to a beef stew before but it sounds like it would be awesome! Yummy...thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I didn't have the noodles so I added a cup of rice 45 minutes before I was ready to serve it. It came out delicious. Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...