Monday, February 7, 2011

The Black Hat

A little background: When a Jewish boy becomes 13, he celebrates his Bar Mitzvah, which usually consists of a party, a nice meal, or a bit of both. According to Judaism, this is when he is considered an "adult" and responsible for his actions. Its Jewish tradition that at this point he begins to wear a black hat that looks something like this. 

 Sooooo... here's is my really cool cake order I got for a Bar Mitzvah party...

The hat...
The "bow"...
The Pinches...
Top view:

Thanks LK for always believing in me-even when you hear all the crazy behind-the-scenes stories!





11 comments:

  1. HOLY!I wouldnt mind a hat like that! ....and a bow too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must say, that is VERY impressive!
    (One lucky young Bar Mitzvah Boy...)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys! It was alot of fun to make.

    ReplyDelete
  4. NOT NORMAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have no words other than AWESOME! I especially love that you cared enough to put in the pinches.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the hat cake! Excellent work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Jenniffer- coming from you thats a huge compliment- your cakes are masterpieces. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...