Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Butter Garlic Tilapia



Anyone who knows the CantStopBaking family personally, knows that Big D hates fish. Like really, really hates fish. Its actually interesting, I think there is a fish hating gene in his family, but I digress. One time, we were at someone's house enjoying a lovely light meal, with bagels and a salad. The salad had these peculiar little black things in it, but since Big D and I are huge salad eaters, it didn't really matter. NOT.  Big D piled up the salad on his plate and took a huge bite. As you may have guessed, those mysterious black things were anchovies. I thought he was going to be sick at the table. It wasn't so pleasant at the time, but makes a great story. And of course the moral of the story (because ya know all my stories have morals) is to always taste something if there is an unknown substance inside, before piling it on your plate. Anyways, why the fish story? Well Big D just started night school ( GO BIG D!!) so that leaves me once a week all by my lonesome for supper. Well not really, Z-Monkey offered to eat supper with me so I won't be by myself, but I think he might have ulterior motives (as in a later bedtime). But you get my point. Some people may think that this is a bad thing, but I say quite the opposite. Big D and I grew up on two different continents when it comes to food tastes, so now I get to make whatever I like once a week. And I happen to love fish. So after that long introduction, here is Butter Garlic Tilapia. (The recipe is for 1 serving, but you can adjust it accordingly.)

Butter Garlic Tilapia
1-2 boneless tilapia fillets
2 tablespoons butter
1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
garlic powder
salt
dried parsley

Heat up a large frying pan and melt the butter inside. On a seperate plate, drizzle the tilapia with the lemon juice, garlic powder and salt. Add the tilapia to the pan and sear on high for 2-3 minutes on each side, or until the fish flakes easily. Garnish with parsley.

6 comments:

  1. In defense of my family dear sister in law, the MAJORITY of us DO like fish. As in the 5 oldest children. And if you include the parents its a 7-4 majority likes fish.
    So there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i know you love baking, but as you share your awesome real food recipes, i'll share a secret with you. dried parsley is EWW. it imparts no positive flavor. either replace is with a flavorful dried spice (basil, oregano) or use fresh parlsey, which adds a super bright flavor to fish. enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Norma- Thank you- I actually like the parsley on it for decor, not even for the flavor :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks like a wonderful dinner. i love tilapia! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lol! I love that your Sister In Law wrote back to you in your comments! Too funny! :-)
    Looks great by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Jessica - Yeah, my *ahem* OUR family is my biggest fans :) I was actually thinking of my kids when I wrote that about the genes- my family loves fish, but a few of my kids won't touch it...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...